Monday, June 4, 2012

More Than I Planned

This past week in Family Relations we talked about transitions into marriage as well as into life with children. I just became engaged last weekend (YAY!) and, as you can see, I am ecstatic! I have to say, however, that the class discussions scared me a little bit. It's difficult for me to remain sure of myself when several theories are second-guessing my choices. I realized, though, that those are just theories, as well as the fact that nobody is perfect. The man I have chosen has so so many wonderful qualities and that is why I have fallen in love with him and continue to do so daily. I believe that a lot of the things said in the textbooks and by researchers are very much suggestions; I'm not going to have an unhappy marriage if I don't follow every single viewpoint. But I will if I am aware, selfless, and try my hardest to do everything in my power to lead this marriage towards eternal progression.

No comments:

Post a Comment