Saturday, June 9, 2012

God Hath Not Given Us the Spirit of Fear

Earlier this week we talked about affairs and how to prevent them. Honestly it's always made it very difficult for me to fully be comfortable with marriage. When I was reading it, I got even more afraid. So I talked with my fiance about it and we came up with some rules/precautions of how to avoid getting anywhere near situations that would tempt either of us, or anyone else for that matter, to be unfaithful in any way. Every time I discuss anything with him I fall in love with him all over again because I know that he's telling me the truth. It shows his integrity to me and I can't figure out how I got so lucky. However, like I said earlier, we both know that when we allow ourselves to be in certain situations enough then, after a while, our character doesn't matter. The Lord advises us to stay out of those situations, therefore, we will. I fear infidelity so much less now that I've discussed this with him. Marriage truly is a leap of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment